Although the floor drain is a small part, it is indispensable in our family life. Without it, the home may become damp. The choice of floor drain is very important. The following is an introduction to the types and advantages and disadvantages of floor drain.
Analysis of types and advantages and disadvantages of floor drains:
1. Shallow water seal floor drain: The shallow water seal floor drain has the longest history. Its biggest flaw is that if it is not used for a few days, the water trap will cause the odor of the sewer pipe and the long pests to drive straight into the shallow water seal. Without water, it is easy to dry up, and the high drainage pressure of the floor will cause the water seal to break. The shallow water seal floor drain has gradually been hedged.
2. Waterproof floor drain with buckle cup: The principle of the floor drain with buckle cup is that a piece protrudes from the back of the cover and forms a water seal and deodorant inside the floor drain body. But because the water seal is particularly shallow, the effective water seal that really works is only about half a centimeter. As long as the toilet flushes upstairs, the positive and negative pressure in the pipe will destroy the water inside the floor drain. The odor will enter the room without hindrance. This floor drain cannot effectively prevent odor. And because of its own design flaws, the floor drain is easily blocked and drains slowly. (Remarks: The National Building Drainage Code expressly stipulates that this kind of buckle shallow water seal floor drain must be eliminated from the prohibition of engineering and decoration.) Disadvantages: This kind of buckle cup water sealing floor drain can not effectively deodorize, it is easy to block drainage and slow drainage. Advantages: The price is cheaper.
3. Wide-mouth water-sealed floor drain: Wide-mouth water-sealed floor drain is an upgraded version of deep-water-sealed floor drain. This wide-mouth water-sealed floor drain drain is designed with a single drain, which can achieve fast drainage without clogging, and the water seal can block 100% deodorization Insect-proof. At present, the price of this floor drain is relatively high. Advantages: can effectively deodorize for a long time. Disadvantages: the above products are few and expensive.
4. Deep water seal floor drain: In order to overcome the above drawbacks, some manufacturers have raised the water seal height, about 7-8cm, and tested it with quartz sand, which shows that the water flows quickly, and the sand can be washed out without blocking, but the actual There is very little sand in the bathroom. Sewage contains a lot of slime impurities. The deeper the water seal, the larger the area of hair and these slime impurities. It sticks to the bottom of the trap and cannot be cleaned. After a while, it will cause the water passage to become narrower and narrower. Drainage is not smooth; meanwhile, the overall height of the floor drain has increased, resulting in the inability to install a lot of shallow pipelines, so when buying a floor drain, it is also necessary to see whether the height of the drain pipe can install a longer floor drain.
5. Magnetite sealed floor drain: Use two magnets to attract each other to seal. Because the surface water quality is very poor, such as brushing the ground and other reasons, some of the iron impurities in the dirt will be adsorbed between the two magnets and gradually accumulate, which will cause the two magnets to fail to fully attract and the gasket Completely sealed; in addition, the magnetic force of the magnet in the sewage is not as stable as in the air. The effect of the earth ’s large magnetic field will also gradually weaken the magnetic force, so the performance is not very stable.
6. Turnover floor drain: it is opened by gravity when there is water, and closed when there is no water. It seems to be deodorant, but it is very different in actual use. Disadvantages: These self-sealing floor drains are not deodorant, easy to block, and have a short life. Advantages: There are more options for panel styles.
7. Floating floor drain: Use the buoyancy of water to float the ball to close the drain to achieve the deodorizing function. When the water flows into the floor drain outlet, the buoyancy of the water drops to float and the sewage is discharged. When there is no water, the floating ball will close the drain to achieve the sealing function. Need to be cleaned frequently. Disadvantages: Poor drainage function, easy to block, easy to retain dirt to float up and lose the sealing function. Advantages: Long life.
8. Plastic basket floor drain: A plastic basket replaces the buckle bowl. This is another form of water-sealed floor drain, but it is more convenient to clean.
9. Eccentric block type sealed floor drain: the bottom of the floor drain is sealed with a plastic pad with a plumb on one side. The seal is not tight, at the same time, the metal pin is easy to be damaged by corrosion and failure, and the life is not long.
10. Spring type floor drain: It is divided into upper spring type and lower spring type.
The hot product of W70 SERIES is on sale ,why not to take a look !