Key points for the selection of floor drain
1) The CJ/T 186-2003 standard only applies to floor drains used in general industrial and civil buildings. It is not applicable to special places such as anti-wave floor drains for civil air defense projects and explosion-proof floor drains for petrochemical enterprises. For floor drains in special places, in addition to referring to this standard, they should also meet the technical requirements of related industries.
2) Water seal is one of the important features of water-sealed floor drains. When selecting, it should be understood whether the depth of the water seal of the product reaches 50mm. At present, some floor drains on the market have a water seal depth of only 10-20mm, which cannot effectively block the odor of the sewer.
Side wall floor drains, floor drains with screen frames, and closed floor drains generally do not have water seals; most of the overflow-proof floor drains and multi-channel floor drains have water seals. When selecting them, they should be specifically understood according to the manufacturer's information.
For floor drains without water seals, a water seal with a depth of not less than 50mm should be installed in the drain pipe. This component can be configured by the floor drain manufacturer or set by the construction unit that installs the floor drain.
3) The height of the floor drain grate can be adjusted, and the adjustment height is not less than 35mm to ensure that the floor drain surface elevation is level with the ground after the ground decoration is completed. The floor drain is equipped with a waterproof wing ring to meet the waterproof requirements when the floor drain is installed on the floor.
For floor drains located in underground garage car passages or load-bearing places, the strength of the grate should be able to meet the corresponding load.
4) The structure of the floor drain with water seal should be reasonable and smooth, and the debris in the drainage is not easy to settle; the cross-sectional area of each part of the water should be greater than the cross-sectional area of the discharge pipe, and the minimum clear width of the flow channel should not be less than 10mm.
5) There are three ways to connect the floor drain: socket; thread; clamp. The size of the connection port can be determined according to the current national regulations